Labels

Friday, June 3, 2016

Signs Point to Yes Review

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Last summer I read Sandy Hall's debut novel,  A Little Something Different, and I LOVED it! So of course, I got her next book the minute it cam out last year. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to read it until just now. But I am so glad I finally got to it.


Signs Point to Yes was so good! I read it in only two days and absolutely adored it. The plot was wonderful. The family dynamic of both families was great as was how the parents reacted to the kids dumb decisions. Very realistic on that front. Also, being a young bisexual woman I really appreciated Margo's subplot. It is pretty rare to see a bi character in YA. Jane being into fandom was also great. If you are fan of John Green, Sarah Dessen, or even Rainbow Rowell you will like Sandy Hall's writing. I love road trip stories and cute quirky summer romances so of course I loved this! If you can imagine Paper Towns and Fangirl having a baby that's what Signs Point to Yes and how can you not enjoy that?

The Final Verdict?
I give Signs Point to Yes a 4.8 out of 5 stars. The plot and characters make it a 5 but Hall's writing style is the teeniest tiniest bit passive but then again the same could be said for Cassandra Clare's writing style. I also got really angry about how immature some of the decisions the characters made were. It was still worth reading in spite of these minor flaws because the story is just lovely. Haven't read something so cute in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment