Labels

Saturday, May 21, 2016

"Royal Day Out" Review

SPOILER ALERT: There are spoilers for The Princess Diaries series as well as the first book in the  From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess series in this review.


"Royal Day Out" is a new short story in the From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess series by Meg Cabot. It could be considered 1.5 in the series. I loved this cute little story. It was a great snapshot of what is happening over in Genovia. The story is told by the main character, Olivia Grace. Olivia Grace is Mia's 12-year-old little sister. At the start of the story the reader finds out that Mia (who is pregnant with twins) has been having terrible morning sickness while trying to plan her and Michael's wedding. So in order to cheer Mia up Olivia and Grandmère decide to go shopping and buy Mia a present. Their day does not go perfectly according to plan but in some ways it goes better than it might have. While the story did not introduce any major events it was a cute story that tided me over until I could get my hands on Royal Wedding Disaster and it was free. I also loved how clever Olivia is. I think she reminds me of a cross between our favorite princess, Mia, and Eloise from the Eloise books by Kay Thompson. A great bit of writing from one of my favorite authors.

The Final Verdict?
Five stars because of how cute and refreshing it was. I've been reading a lot of Fantasy with heavy topics and this was exactly the witty break I needed from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment